Thursday, May 7, 2009

Too many ideas ... not enough book

I knew it would happen.

I've always been long-winded.

Lately, I've realized that I have so many twists and turns planned for my book that the thing will end up being so long that I'm not so sure my target audience would be able to get through it all! After all, it's geared toward young adults. I mean, I'm already 30,000 words into the story and I haven't really even introduced a character who is going to be important, I haven't gotten to the heart of the mystery involved. There is so much more story to tell and I worry that I am being too descriptive and including too many things.

I'm sure that edits later might delete whole needless scenes, but I can't help but wonder if I'm trying to include too much in this story.

The problem is I like all the plot twists that I'm referring to and I don't want to leave any of them out. I think they are all great!

Blech, this book-writing business can be torture! I like the story too much to leave anything out, but wonder if anyone else will feel the same way about some of the things that I plan to write. I guess that's something all authors wonder -- if anyone will like what they write.

Ah well, at the very least I'll have fun writing it and rereading myself later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment